November 27, 2008

Paris Thanksgiving



Two of my good American friends and I (featured above: me, Blaire, Aralena) decided to hold a proper Thanksgiving even though we are far from the land of hand turkeys and paper indian hats with feathers at the back. The works: turkey, homemade stuffing (which I made using the chestnuts featured in the post below - you boil them and then peel them), yummy salads of all sorts, mashed potatoes - you know the rest - with a few French additions (thanks to the influence of French husbands, boyfriends, etc): a cheese plate (which included a very stinky cheese, classically), and macaroons for dessert - no pie. It was a party. And we were happy to host it at our newly finished casa.





2 comments:

Jill said...

Your mom and I were wondering together yesterday if you would be celebrate Thanksgiving or not. Looks like you did it proud. The meal looks wonderful. I wish I could have tried the chestnut stuffing and the stinky cheese.

I'm glad you had a good time, but we missed you yesterday.
Love Ya.

Janice said...

I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good. We just wish you had been here. We missed you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...