July 8, 2009

Madrid



Last Friday I received a random facebook message from one of my friends in high school. We had not seen each other for ten years and she said she was heading to Madrid (had a two-day stop there) and could I meet her. I jumped at it. First, Shannon is a treat. She was stellar in high school - confident and beautiful and brave and I was certain she would be stellar ten years later. So, Xavier was a very obliging travel agent and booked a flight using the many frequent flyer miles he racks up traveling all over the place for work.



So, here we are:



And indeed. We saw Madrid, it was all around us. But more, we saw each other. We ran through the trajectories of both of our lives over the past ten years - how we ended up where we are. Her, a ceramicist/art professor in northern California (please do look at her stuff, she rocks) and me a fancy-free girl in Paris. We divulged, drawled and prattled all day and all night and still hadn't covered it all.



























7 comments:

Xavier said...

Does this mean that Facebook cost me 30,000 miles?

Emilie said...

xavier, remember you are the 'very obliging' travel agent. please play your role.

Cindy said...

I love that you will accept the adventures as they are offered to you...I'm sure it meant so much to Shannon that you would join her!

Melanie said...

Where is Madrid? Looks like you had so much fun! Love you and I am so excited to see you all soon

Emilie said...

mels, madrid is in spain...you know...love you. can't wait to see you in a week!

Mels said...

Thanks Em. love you too! I am excited to see you soon. Just to let you all know that Kim F. is goign to help me train her. love you and Sam is doing awsome.

Gabriela said...

I cannot believe you were in Madrid when I was! I hope you enjoyed it. It's not my favorite of Spain, but it was a good town that provide with many a summer adventure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...