December 3, 2012

Picture book.



I've written before about riding a bike to work, but this morning my fervor for the activity was totally revived. I left my house around 6:30am. I was dreading the dark and the cold and I was totally beat from a difficult night with little lady Colette (she is a funny baby - goes from sleeping straight through the night to waking up every two hours randomly). I have an early morning meeting on Mondays and so I can't dilly-dally if I do ride my bike. I dragged my bike (the killer bike Xavier recently found me to replace a stolen one) out of the house and started down the hill of our street. The air streamed through my nostrils and by the time I had made those wheels turn ten times I was reconverted. Totally awake, happy, full of life. The sun was coming up and I actually took off my gloves, the air felt so balmy (New York City is 60 degrees today!). I rode all the way through Harlem - down St. Nicholas and then turned the corner on Fifth Avenue and 110th Street - the northeast corner of Central Park. I slammed on the brakes when I looked to my right. This is what I saw. Straight out of some story book. My story book of New York City.

3 comments:

Marnie said...

Superb shot!

Paulo said...

What a wonderful world...

Brad said...

Biking cures most of our problems. Great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...