September 30, 2009

Bienvenue Mom & Dad.





My mom and dad have arrived (I am delighted). And hop, they've already been on my tour of Ile de la Cité. Did you know (they did not), for example, that Notre Dame in the height of Medieval times was painted inside and out vibrant colors? Like this (below)? Statues everywhere in Disneyland colors.



I also tell the story of Louis IX, who, in the 13th c. built Sainte-Chapelle as a shrine for his most famous and important relic - the crown of thorns, obtained in Constantinople. (The crown = 135,000 livres, Sainte-Chapelle = 60,000). We went into Sainte-Chapelle and gawked at the stained glass shrine.





1 comment:

Jill said...

I can't wait to hear more about what you do with your mom and dad. Show them a great time girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...